Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Temptation of Beads and All Things Bright and Shiny


I recently attended a local bead show with a friend, all the time professing I had no intention of buying any additional beads to add to my already large stash. Famous last words! The beads I found were so enticing and reasonably priced that I found myself succumbing to their attraction. I rationalized that since I have another Open Studios Show in Alameda in June of 2016, I would use them to make some jewelry to sell. At least I am proud of the fact that once I got home I immediately set to work using every last one of them to make pieces of jewelry. Now it remains to be seen if I can part with the jewelry when the show dates approach.

 
I love ethnic looking jewelry. The first necklace I made was from lapis and silver. I also made several other bracelets.


Next I made a necklace and several bracelets, plus some earrings, from silver and jade-colored beads.

 
Finally, I made a pendant necklace that surely makes a statement, using silver and turquoise beads. The face on the pendant is of Kwan Yin, the Chinese goddess and protector of women.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment