Tuesday, December 8, 2015

More Small Scale Dolls

 
As I run out of display space at home, I find myself creating smaller and smaller dolls. These dolls were created for a Flying Phoebe Doll Club challenge to make cloth dolls using our interpretation of a published Nola doll pattern.
They were subsequently exhibited at the Castro Valley Library for one month. The Nola pattern is for a simple cloth-sculpted doll with a flat, painted face. The first one I made is a steam punk doll with wings made from parts of my old vegetable steamer, and she is embellished with vintage watch parts.

 
 
I cut up a pair of my vintage elbow-length gloves from high school days to make her boots. Her face is  slightly needle sculpted and painted.

Below is a smaller version doll, modeled after the Harijuku girls of Tokyo who love to dress up as cute, very young girls. Lots of pink, bows, hearts and ruffles. She has an unsculpted, painted face.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment